Remember that safety is always the #1 priority. Please read and follow all instructions from your vehicle’s manufacturer when installing any of our products.
Installing the battery terminal leads
Ring Terminal Harness
- Refer to your owner’s manual for specific vehicle safety and warning information for the replacement/access to the 12-48 volt battery connections.
- Note the RidePower circuitry automatically adjusts for voltages between 12V and 48V DC.
- Follow the directions to gain access to the battery or power source.
- Attach the BLACK cable of the Ring Terminal Harness to the NEGATIVE battery post or supply.
- Attach the RED cable of the Ring Terminal Harness to the POSITIVE battery post or supply.
- Ensure ALL connections are properly tightened.
- Open the fuse holder and check the 7.5-amp standard automotive fuse to ensure it is properly installed
- Close and secure the cover
- Guide the Ring Terminal Harness cable to a point on your vehicle to provide an easy access to the Standard SAE connection.
- Replace all covers for your vehicle in accordance with your owner’s manual.
RidePower Charger Cable Installation
Mounting your charger cable
- Plug the RidePower charger into the ring terminal connection.
- Thread the cable from the terminal connection to the desired mounting location of your device.
- Note: leave some room for movement of parts such as handle-bar or pedal sway.
- Once you’ve ensured that the cable will not interfere with vehicle operation, attach the cord to either body panels or the vehicle frame.
- Verify to ensure the RidePower charger has the correct room to securely connect it to the terminal (wiring) harness and reach the mounting location.
- Plug in your mobile device directly with a micro USB connector or with the lighting adaptor (included) for iOS devices or a USB-C adapter to test your installation.
Note: Some installations may require turning on your vehicle